Hello to all our Braintree American Families – With the Governor announcing that Phase 2 of the State’s reopening to begin on June 8th, we are hopeful that we will be able to start our season in the near term. We are working with the Town to secure our permit that allows us to begin practicing, with the hope that Phase 3 stays on track and we can begin playing games.
We are currently working on complying with the guidelines of the State and Town so that we can safely begin to again Play Ball! We do want to stress that while we there will be specific guidelines for baseball which we will share once complete, we should all know and expect there will be social distancing guidelines that will be part of this, and we are going to need the parents and guardians to help us with adhering to the guidelines to make this work. Teamwork will be essential if we are going to have a successful season.
Our next step is to have our player drafts this week, once we obtain our field permit, so we can begin practicing. While we do not have a specific date or what restrictions will be in effect for Phase 3, we did want to provide what our high-level schedule will look like if things stay on course.
Again, the above plans are tentative, but we did want to provide membership with an idea of what we were planning and a rough overview of what the season may look like.
We understand that some families may not be entirely comfortable having their children participate this season given the present situation. That is a personal decision, as you certainly know what is best for your family the only thing that we ask is that you let us know if your child will NOT be participating in the current proposed season by Tuesday June 9, 2020.
Please send an email to email@example.com if your child will not be participating this season.
This will allow us to determine the right number of teams per age group and help with scheduling.
For those who choose not to play this season, we will credit you for next year’s registration at 100% for our returning players. For those who request a refund or are 12’s moving to Babe Ruth, we will evaluate our costs-to-date and we will provide further communication before issuing refunds.
Thank you for your understanding. We are excited at the possibility of starting the season and we will provide further information this week as it becomes available.
Stay safe and hope to see everyone soon!
Link to LL FAQs? https://www.littleleague.org/player-safety/coronavirus-update/faqs/
Congratulations to the winners in each Division.